Veterans Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are our most common questions regarding your VA education benefits. If your questions or concerns are not addressed, please contact us so we can help you find your answer.

I haven't received VA benefits before and would like to apply. What should I do?

As soon as you decide that you are interested in attending college complete the GI Bill application process at

The sooner the better! Be sure to bring a copy of your DD 214 for active duty veterans, a NOBE for Reserve and National Guard applicants, a Certificate of Eligibility Letter once approved by the VA and a copy of your semester schedule.

Please reach out to the Veterans Services office at Northeast by calling 662.720.4075 or emailing

I am changing my program of study. What do I need to do?
I am adding/dropping classes and this will change my enrollment status. What should I do?
How do I change my banking information with VA?
How does the VA pay and when will I receive my benefit payment?
Why is my check less for January, May, August and December?
Where do I request my Joint Service Transcript?